Now that you have become a rightful owner of an apartment in St. Ivan Rilski Hotel & Apartments, you have two important tasks:
- During your first stay, we kindly ask you to take your time to make sure everything in your apartment is in order. Should there be any small faults, such as cupboards not closing properly, please, let us know, so that we make things right.
- To set up an account with the electricity supply company, you need to fill in an application form, provide them with a copy of the title deed and pay the registration fee per electricity meter. The office of the electricity supply company is located in the town of Blagoevgrad.
Foreign citizens obtaining property rights in Bulgaria must register with the local Registry Agency before registering the property with the tax authorities. The apartment itself is to be registered in the name of the new owner with the Cadaster Agency, as well.
Each year, you should count with 3 costs for your apartment in St. Ivan Rilski Hotel & Apartments:
- Tax on real estate properties (i.e. buildings) and a fee for waste disposal (BGN 100-500 or EUR 50-250).
- Annual fee for the maintenance of the resort: it is set in your Contract for the Maintenance and Management. The concrete amount depends on the size of your apartment and varies between EUR 600 and 2,000 per annum.
- Utility bills: given the current level of utility prices and assuming normal consumption of electricity, water, telephone, Internet, cable TV, etc. the total cost of utility bills will amount to about EUR 450 – 500 per apartment per annum.
Certainly, you may choose to do all the needed registrations yourself or have us register you. The St. Ivan Rilski team is always at your service!